This is the entry about Weston Colville in the Domesday book:
Translated from the original Latin into English, it reads:
The Domesday Book (which was completed in 1086) records that there were 40 residents in the village. By 1150 the manor was owned by the Stutville family.
When Anselm de Stutville died in 1198, he left as heirs his five sisters. When his land was divided, Weston was assigned to Beatrice, who in around 1200 was married to William de Colville, lord of Castle Bytham in Lincolnshire. This explains why the name of the village became Weston Colville – previously it had been called Weston, meaning ‘West Town’. The manor-house of the Colvilles probably stood in a square moat 1/4 mile east of the church and remained in the Colville family until 1708.
In 1327 the population of the village was 210. By 1377 it had declined to 159. This decline may have been caused by the Black Death which was at its worst around 1350.
Here’s a list of early rectors of Weston Colville:
William de Sahan was £400 in debt to a knight – a small fortune at the time.
The memorial in the church to Richard Leverer, Knight, Isabella his wife and John their son: